Due: Monday Monday 5/1
Watch the Video link for the Bechdel test.
The Bechdel test is a test of female characterization in movies. Passing the Bechdel test requires that:
1. the movie [media] has at least two women characters;
2. who talk to each other;
3. about something other than a man.
1) Select a film and conduct a Bechdel Test on that film. Using specific details from the film, explain whether it passes the Bechdel Test.
2) Consider the representations of men’s and women’s bodies in that particular film. What is considered “normal,” “attractive” and “desirable”? Be sure to include images from the film in your explanation.
3) Explain why or why not this test is important.
4) In reference to week #12 on Reading Advertisements, How is gender expressed in the world of advertising, historically and currently, how has it changed?